February 4th, 2002
corporation released a "Holiday Readiness 2001" report aimed
findings of this report:
10 top Reasons for Shopping Cart Abandonment
1. High shipping prices (72%)
2. Comparison shopping or browsing (61%)
3. Changed mind (56%)
4. Saving items for later purchase (51%)
5. Total cost of items is too high (43%)
6. Checkout process is too long (41%)
7. Checkout requires too much personal information (35%)
8. Site requires registration before purchase (34%)
9. Site is unstable or unreliable (31%)
10. Checkout process is confusing (27%)
Top 10 Rules for eRetail Success
customer shopping carts for later visits.
Customers do return later to purchase items "abandoned" in their
cart. Make it easy for them by keeping their cart items for 30 days or
a promotion or incentive to purchase.
Promotions or deals act as a differentiator between sites. Offering free
shipping will address the most common purchase influencer.
shipping prices early.